The United States International Scholarship for Women (AAUW) has existed since 1917. The goal of the program is to support female graduate, postgraduate, or doctoral students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States. The scholarship program is supported in all accredited universities of the country. The program involves all areas of research and research programs offered at accredited US universities. About five master’s scholarships are extended in the second year. Preference is given to women who are trying to improve the position of women and girls through civil, social, and professional activities. Several scholarships are available for women who research the United States (but not in their home country). Such women must be members of Graduate Women International.
- Master’s Scholarship – $ 18,000
- Postgraduate Scholarship – $ 20,000
- Doctoral scholarship – $ 30,000
- A candidate for a scholarship may be a woman who is not a US citizen. A woman living in the United States can participate in the program if she has a non-immigrant visa. Women who have dual citizenship (the USA and other countries) cannot be candidates for scholarships.
- Candidates must obtain a bachelor’s degree (in the United States or another country) by September 30, 2017.
- Excellent knowledge of English (550 – (TOEFL PBT); 79 – (TOEFL iBT); 60 – Revised TOEFL Paper-Delivered Test) and intentions to return to her native country to continue the career.
- Submit an online application for a scholarship until November 1, 2018.
- Applications are accepted from August 1 to November 1 each year.
- When selecting, the AAUW association takes into account the academic performance of applicants and the extent to which they are included in the struggle for gender equality.
- Requirements for applicants for a scholarship
- Requirements for applicants for a scholarship differ in several points:
- Girls must be members of Graduate Women International.
- The scientific scholarship is issued only if the candidate was engaged in research work outside the United States.
- The research papers of the applicants will be evaluated on a competitive basis.
- The applicant must not be a citizen of the United States. Candidates residing in the country can participate in the program only if they have a non-immigrant visa.